Everyday I’m Hustlin print, $29.99 at Felt & Wire Shop (currently out of stock).
- If anyone understands time management, it’s working mothers. Joanna at A Cup of Jo rounded up seven top bloggers and asked how they juggled it all.
- Love John C. Jay’s 10 Lessons for Young Designers (it’s valuable advice for anyone).
- Here are three websites that really impressed me with their blogging/graphic design tutorials & freebies: Pugly Pixel, Smashing Magazine, & Blog.SpoonGraphics.
Here are some “Day in the Life”-type posts that offer insight into less typical careers:
- Elsie at A Beautiful Mess described what it’s like to own a vintage store.
- I love Sometimes Sweet’s “9 to 5” column. It features jobs that I can see myself doing, but don’t know a ton about (the last three profiles were of an indie bookstore owner, a flight attendant, and a fashion designer).
- Steve Olson wrote about how one former bookseller makes a good living selling books online from home.
- It hasn’t been updated in a while, but I always enjoy Gala Darling’s more outlandish “I Want to Be” column (past profiled careers include a beauty queen, a dominatrix, and a rock star).
Here are recommendations for boosting your productivity:
- Black Eiffel lists her five favorite digital productivity tools (I’ve tried Wunderlist, and it’s cool).
- More apps and productivity advice from Etsy’s Laura (that Sleepcycle app sounds amazing…).
- Design*Sponge’s “Biz Ladies” column wrote about “How to Organize Your Life With Online Tools.”
- I’ve been using ZooTool, Pinterest, & (to a lesser extent) Google Reader for bookmarking, and Google Calendar and paper lists for to-do lists/scheduling. They’re all free and fantastic.
Finally, a good reminder for creatives:
Have a great weekend!