If you’re interested in participating in SS08’s bold florals trend, I have two words for you: shop vintage. Vintage clothing stores offer an huge variety of floral prints, and the prices are sweet. To get you started, here are 9 pieces (left to right, top to bottom):
- Crimson Silk Floral Print Dress (scroll down), $165.00, Woodland Farms Vintage.
- 1950s Pink Full Skirted Dress, current bid $29.00, Violetville Vintage.
- Gucci SS06 Blue Silk Chiffon Dress, $1,250.00, Vintage Martini.
- 1950s Ceil Chapman Cocktail Dress, not yet for sale, Hemlock Vintage.
- 1950s Blue Floral Dress, approx. $93.00, Mint & Vintage. No direct link, under Vintage Dresses.
- 1950s Gigi Young Red Orange Dress, $125.00, Vintage Martini (click through–the back is beautiful).
- 1960s Floral Canvas Purse, $45.00, Vintage Martini.
- Handmade Flower Print Dress, $24.00, Reware Vintage.
- 1950s Strapless Pink & Green Dress, sold for $300.00, SickThrift. This sold after I found it, but the coloring & the petal detail on the bustier deserved a link. Just gorgeous.
For more vintage finds, check out our Online Vintage Clothing Directory.